Lafayette Charter Foundation, Inc.
Lafayette Charter Foundation, Inc. is the charter petitioner and holder. Lafayette Charter Foundation, Inc. is a Louisiana not-for-profit corporation organized exclusively for educational purposes and is comprised of respected leaders from Southwest Louisiana that are committed to providing high quality educational options for the citizens of Lafayette Parish.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please email us.
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing and outlining the mission, vision, and values of the school and developing the appropriate policies to ensure those fundamentals are maintained. The Lafayette Charter Foundation Board of Trustees has contracted with a professional education management organization, Charter Schools USA, to provide all necessary management and professional expertise. Charter Schools USA assists in developing, planning, and marketing the School, as well as finance, human resources, curricula and school operations. Charter Schools USA is responsible for developing and implementing the ongoing operational procedures in accordance with the mission, vision, and values outlined by the Board.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the legal and financial obligations of Lafayette Renaissance Charter Academy. The Board establishes policy consistent with the school’s mission and ensures the school’s programs and operations adhere to the terms of the charter including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Board will continue to uphold the mission and vision of the school through visible leadership and stewardship of the school, including the following:
- Communicating the mission and vision of the school to the community
- Recruiting and mentoring Trustees to ensure they have shared values
- Holding Charter Schools USA accountable to achieving the mission and vision of the school
- Participating in fund raising and other community events on behalf of the school
- Leading by example in their personal and professional endeavors
The Foundation’s Board of Trustees is comprised of a diverse and talented group of community leaders, with a skill-set including business management, finance, education, government relations, public relations, community work, religious leadership, economic and workforce development, advocacy architecture, and youth services. The board members are passionately committed to improving public education for ALL students in Lafayette Parish and are actively involved in the Lafayette philanthropic and/or business community.
Collectively, the Foundation’s Trustees have a long track record of impacting education reform and community development in Lafayette Parish. The Foundation’s impressive Board of Trustees are:
- Dr. Mary Louella Riggs-Cook – Board President
- Carlos Harvin – Vice President
- Karen Miller – Treasurer
- Virginia Jones – Secretary
- Erica Williams- Trustee
- Jeremy Howard–Trustee
- Heather Blanchard, Trustee
- Cooper Barnes, Trustee
- Agenda for Board Meeting 05.25.17 (pdf)
- Budget Hearing 05.25.17 FY 2017-2018 (pdf)
- ACAD DOE – Budget 17-18_with Amended Budget (pdf)
- LAFA DOE – Budget 17-18_with Amended Budget (pdf)
- LAFA_DOE_report_-_Budget_Only_V1_5-12-16 (pdf)
Student Privacy Information
For accessibility assistance for the pdfs below, please contact the school.
- Information regarding Student Privacy (pdf)
- Management Agreement PDF and Addendum PDF
- Privacy Complaint Form PDF
- Bayou Speech Contract and Addendum PDF
- E-Funds Contract and Addendum PDF
- MicroCheck Contract and Addendum PDF
- PowerSchool Contract and Addendum PDF
- Progressus PDF and Progressus 2 PDF Contract and Addendum
- TTM Contract and Addendum PDF
- Criminal_Background_Check_Policy (pdf)
- Record_Retention_Policy (pdf)
Custodian of Records
Mr. Tale Lockett, Principal email@example.com
Parent Grievance Procedure
If a parent has a grievance or complaint, please follow the process below:
- Seek to resolve the problem with the teacher, if applicable.
- If problem is not resolved, meet with school administration via an appointment.
- If still unresolved, please contact School Support, CSUSA at 954-202-3500.